iOS Games are rapidly getting attention from game lovers around the world. Everyday numerous games are introduced for variety of Apple devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod. Such plethora geared up iOS Game Development in past few years.
Developing a game for iOS is quite an exciting but attention seeking process, as it requires iOS game developers to understand their target audience expectations and deliver game which not only engage them but also become source of entertainment for them. If you are taking baby steps in iOS game development and wish to start your career in game development with bang, then this article could be life saver for you! Below I tried to list out extensive tips & tricks developers can use to make effective and engaging these games.
• Try to avoid using png loading function from Apple's GLSprite Demo! It is advisable for new developers to get entered into iPhone or iPad Game Development to avoid using png loading function, as it will occupy more memory and caches images.
• Always make practice to accurate crop sprites when you are drawing them! It is good practice to crop sprites tightly when drawing, as PowerVR SGX is quite slow at mixing.
• Memory is restricted in various misty ways, so don't presume that you will be able to utilize all available memory of devices.
• Always prefer to use rgb4444 textures, as it helps to enhance the performance of the gaming app. Using rgb4444 textures will help to boost up the rendering performance as well as helps to save lots of memory.
• Just remember, texture compress actually not feasible for sprites.
• Don't forget to verify whether the debug info is on or not! Many developers often get errors like "File not found" due to disabled debug info, so make sure that debug info is on.
• Be more attentive while filling up registration info on Apple's iTune. Make sure that you have filled up all the information like banking, app details etc. are accurate and clear, as it is not possible to change some of the entered information later on.
• Remember that you can't integrate third party apps for developing iOS based games! Apple does not allow developers to integrate or utilize any third party apps while developing games for iPhone or iPad devices.
• Try to get familiar with OpenGL ES and its different version and try to know their plus and minus points for developing such games.
So, above we see some interesting tips and tricks iPhone or iPad Game developers can consider while developing different iOS games.
Copyright © 2012