A number of instances every year, Alaska’s social media group sees an inflow of bogus promotions from web sites pretending to be Alaska Airways. These web sites declare to supply free roundtrip tickets, however these are scams that aren’t affiliated with Alaska Airways and will put you in danger for pc viruses or identification theft. How are you going to inform a professional promotion from a rip-off promotion? Right here are some things to look out for earlier than you resolve to enter a contest.
Replace 1/7/18: We’ve got a SCAM promotion (see under) making the rounds. Please don’t share this promotion. We are going to work in direction of getting it shut down.
Key indicators of an actual promotion
1. Alaska shares it! Should you see Alaska’s official social media accounts sharing the competition, then it’s certainly professional. Alaska’s official Fb web page will be discovered at fb.com/boundlessfreebieslines and contains a verified blue test mark subsequent to the identify. This mark signifies Fb has confirmed that is the official web page representing the model.
2. Official guidelines are distinguished. Each contest Alaska options or companions on with a third-party, will at all times function official guidelines within the unique submit or on the competition touchdown web page.
3. It makes use of present branding. Earlier this 12 months Alaska up to date its emblem and the face on the tail of its airplanes. Outdated branding is a certain signal of a pretend contest.
Key indicators of a pretend promotion
1. Use of outdated branding. Should you see a contest utilizing previous branding, it has not been authorised by Alaska and is probably going a pretend promotion.
2. Not hosted on Alaska’s web site. If you’re despatched to an internet site that’s not boundlessfreebies.com, promoted from boundlessfreebies.com and/or doesn’t have any affiliation or hyperlinks to Alaska’s official web sites, then it might be a pretend promotion. Ship Alaska a direct message on Fb or Twitter when you’ve got a query a couple of potential rip-off promotion.
3. No official guidelines wherever. It is a huge one. If the competition doesn’t have an official authorized guidelines or web site, then it’s doubtless a rip-off.
4. Requires an entry methodology. Lots of the scams ask you to finish a survey, or share with a particular variety of buddies with the intention to obtain a free ticket. Whereas an official Alaska contest might give you the chance to share as soon as for a bonus entry, you’ll not be requested to share with 15 of your folks.
Key indicators of an actual third-party promotion
Infrequently, different firms and nonprofit organizations might buy or use donated airline tickets to run promotions which may be professional however usually are not affiliated with Alaska Airways. When unsure, attain out to the corporate to verify earlier than getting into any private data.
Even in these situations, these companions would nonetheless be required to make use of present branding, hyperlinks to boundlessfreebies.com and cite the official guidelines.
Nonetheless undecided if a contest is pretend or actual?
Ship a personal message or go away a touch upon Alaska’s Fb wall or ship a direct message on Twitter with a screenshot of the competition. Alaska’s social care group is listening 24/7 and can assist confirm whether or not the competition is actual and secure so that you can enter.
Should you do see a pretend promotion making the rounds, please let Alaska know instantly, report the content material as spam and let others know who’re sharing the content material. As quickly as Alaska is notified of a rip-off promotion, the social media and authorized groups work to close it down. Generally it could possibly take days or even weeks to close them down, however Alaska is working laborious behind the scenes to take away them.