In only a few hours, we’re going to (just about) meet up within the Magic Metropolis, Miami. Since we first let you understand about our new Highlight sequence, we’ve gotten a ton of registrations and a few superb submissions for our pitch-off.
The small occasion options three segments: networking, a pitch-off, and a hearth chat with Rebecca Danta, Managing Director of Miami Angels, and Brian Brackeen, Normal Companion of Lightship Capital. Everyone seems to be welcome to attend at the moment’s occasion, but it surely’s particularly programmed to assist and spotlight these within the Miami area.
Meet Our TechCrunch Metropolis Highlight: Miami Pitch-Off Firms and Judges
We needed to undergo some incredible submissions to get the 5 that can pitch their corporations to our judges at the moment. We expect you’ll agree that Miami’s greatest have come out in full pressure.
First, let’s meet the businesses:
- Evan Leaphart shall be presenting his distinctive strategy to serving to youngsters find out how real-life actions result in monetary penalties with Kiddie Kredit
- Lacey Kaelani has been a casting professional for years. How are issues nonetheless executed by means of Craigslist advertisements and hacked collectively databases? No thought. Casting Depot goals to resolve that drawback.
- Samella Watson, founding father of Sebiya, will remind us that when travelling the place you keep is greater than only a place to sleep.
- Dan Saltman has seen folks from all walks of life attempt to deal with the footprint that social media leaves of their wake. Typically, you wish to begin over. Redact is the software to do it with.
- D Marie Thompson has a really private story in terms of nursing and she or he based MyRa to resolve an issue that affected her and her colleagues.
The three judges which have the troublesome activity of choosing a winner and runner-up are:
Every firm will get 4 minutes to current after which the judges can have a couple of minutes to ask questions. After all the corporations have pitched, the judges will get 5 minutes to resolve who takes the crown of first-ever TechCrunch Metropolis Highlight Pitch-Off champion.
Not in Miami? Don’t fear. TechCrunch is bringing this sequence of free occasions to different cities throughout the USA and overseas. Within the coming weeks, we’ll have related occasions in Pittsburgh, Detroit, and others as TechCrunch digs deep into rising tech scenes outdoors of Silicon Valley.