Taco Pizza- flatbread topped with beans, taco meat, salsa, cheese, and all of your favorite taco toppings! This easy taco pizza makes a great quick and easy weeknight dinner!
If you are looking to shake up your regular taco night or pizza night, make Taco Pizza! You get the best of both worlds in one EASY recipe!
Top flatbread with refried beans, salsa, taco meat, and lots of cheese! Add on your favorite taco toppings and eat it up!
This is a great recipe for an easy weeknight meal, game day, or for whenever you are entertaining friends and family. You can let everyone choose their favorite toppings and customize their own pizza.
Kids and adults go crazy for this easy taco pizza!
Taco Flatbread Pizza Ingredients
- Olive oil or avocado oil– use your favorite!
- Ground beef– you can also use ground turkey or ground chicken! If you want to make a vegetarian taco pizza, you can leave off the meat and add more beans!
- Spices– chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano for seasoning the meat.
- Flatbread– I use store bought Stonefire flatbread. You can buy 2 large ones or use 4 regular/medium size. If you can’t find flatbread, you can use pita bread and make taco pita pizzas.
- Refried beans– I use our homemade refried beans, they are easy to make and SO good! But you can use canned refried beans.
- Salsa or taco sauce– I use our easy blender salsa, it’s the best! Taco sauce is good too!
- Shredded cheese-Mexican blend or cheddar cheese! If you want a kick, you can even use pepper jack!
How to Make Easy Taco Pizza
There are only a few steps! Let’s get cooking!
- First brown the taco meat, breaking up the meat into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Season with spices and simmer with a little water until thickened.
- Place the flatbreads on 2 large baking sheets.
- Spread equal amounts of the refried beans on top of each flatbread. Spread a little salsa or taco sauce over the beans. Top evenly with cooked taco meat and shredded cheese. You might have leftover taco meat, depending on how thick you like your meat layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Taco Pizza Toppings
When the taco pizza comes out of the oven, you can top it with all of your favorite taco toppings! Here are some of our favorites!
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Cotija Cheese or Queso Fresco
- Pickled Red Onions or Sliced Green Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt