Stuffed Pepper Soup- this hearty soup tastes identical to stuffed peppers. It’s made with primary substances like floor beef, rice, and naturally bell peppers! You’ll love this one pot meal.
Soup season is my favourite season. You possibly can’t be a one pot meal!
In case you are a fan of the normal stuffed bell peppers, you’re going to LOVE this soup. It has the entire identical flavors, however is tremendous straightforward to make! As an alternative of stuffing particular person bell peppers, you place the entire substances in a single pot and make a comforting soup!
It is a nice soup for the top of summer time when your backyard is bursting with peppers or anytime throughout the chilly fall and winter months when you’re craving an enormous bowl of soup!
Stuffed Pepper Soup Elements
If you happen to’ve made stuffed peppers, the substances will look acquainted! The soup has the entire basic flavors!
- Floor beef– you need to use floor turkey or floor hen.
- Olive oil– for sautéing the onion and peppers!
- Onion– use a yellow or white onion!
- Bell peppers– I exploit inexperienced and crimson, however you need to use yellow or orange in order for you.
- Garlic– garlic is a should!
- Tomatoes– I exploit canned fireplace roasted tomatoes, they add the most effective taste!
- Tomato sauce– to reinforce the tomato taste.
- Beef broth– a should for soup!
- Herbs– dried basil, oregano, and thyme! It’s best to have all of those in your spice cupboard.
- Crushed crimson pepper flakes– for somewhat warmth!
- Rice– you need to use white or brown rice. Prepare dinner it earlier than stirring it into the soup.
- Cheese– add somewhat shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese to your bowl of soup to get the total stuffed pepper expertise. You possibly can’t go improper with cheese!
Tips on how to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
Let’s get this soup began!
- First, prepare dinner the bottom beef in a big pot. Drain off the surplus grease and switch to a plate that has been lined with a paper towel. Put aside.
- Place the pot again on the range and warmth the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Add the onions, and peppers and sauté till smooth. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Stir within the fireplace roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, herbs, and crimson pepper flakes. Add the cooked beef to the pot and season with salt and pepper, to style. Cut back the warmth to low and let simmer, stirring often.
- If you’re going to benefit from the soup instantly, stir within the cooked rice. If you happen to plan on freezing the soup or consuming leftovers for a couple of days, you possibly can ladle the soup into bowls and add rice to every bowl. It will forestall the rice from getting mushy.
- Prime every bowl with shredded cheese and revel in heat!
What to Serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed pepper soup is a really satisfying and filling soup, so it might simply be a meal by itself, however if you wish to add a couple of aspect dishes, listed below are a couple of concepts.
Tips on how to Retailer
Retailer cooled soup in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
If you happen to waited so as to add the rice, retailer the rice in a separate container. In case you are storing leftover soup with the rice already stirred in, the soup will thicken the longer it sits. If it soaks up the entire liquid, you possibly can add extra beef broth when reheating.
You possibly can reheat the soup on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup?
If you’re going to freeze the soup, I like to recommend leaving the rice out as a result of the rice will get mushy after thawing and reheating.
To freeze, retailer the cooled soup, with out the rice, in a freezer container for as much as 3 months. Thaw, reheat, and stir in heat rice.