Baked Spaghetti Squash with Pesto, Contemporary Mozzarella, and Roasted Tomatoes is a straightforward and scrumptious vegetarian meal that’s good for summer time, fall, or anytime!
I feel spaghetti squash is a really underrated vegetable. It’s certainly one of my favorites and I feel everybody must find it irresistible too, ha! It’s nutritious, scrumptious, and simple to make. It’s additionally a very good substitute for pasta in case you are consuming gluten-free or limiting carbs.
Should you haven’t tried spaghetti squash, I strongly recommend you strive it by beginning with this spaghetti squash recipe. Each time I make it, it will get rave critiques…even from youngsters! Spaghetti Squash with pesto, contemporary mozzarella cheese, and roasted tomatoes is a dinner winner!
I like this recipe as a result of it’s made on one sheet pan. After you roast the spaghetti squash and tomatoes, you fill the squash with basil pesto and contemporary mozzarella cheese. The squash goes again within the oven so the cheese can get all melty. High with the roasted tomatoes and dig in!
Spaghetti squash boats are the perfect! I like you could eat proper out of the spaghetti squash and the flavors are SO good! That is certainly one of my favourite vegetarian dinners and I hope you find it irresistible too!
You solely want 5 substances to make this recipe! Speak about a dinner winner!
- Spaghetti squash- Decide a ripe spaghetti squash that’s agency, golden yellow or darkish yellow, and doesn’t have any spots.
- Olive oil- You want slightly olive oil to drizzle over the squash earlier than it goes within the oven.
- Basil pesto- I take advantage of my home made basil pesto, however can use your favourite retailer purchased pesto. I all the time have my pesto within the freezer, so it makes this recipe tremendous straightforward.
- Tomatoes- Use cherry or grape tomatoes! They’re small, candy, and juicy!
How one can Reduce Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash has thick, powerful pores and skin and could be a little tough to chop. Be sure to use a pointy chef’s knife and a reducing board that’s on a flat floor. You don’t need it rocking or wobbling.
- Reduce the squash from finish to finish. Pierce the knife into the center of the spaghetti squash and and lower it from finish to finish, lengthwise. Use your muscle mass:) Rigorously slide the knife out out the squash, then pull every half aside.
- Take away the seeds. Use a giant spoon to scrape out the seeds and the stringy items. Discard the seeds.
- Professional Tip! If you’re struggling and the squash is just too onerous to chop by way of, you’ll be able to pierce the squash with a knife, down the center, the place you wish to lower. Place it into the microwave for simply a few minutes to melt the squash. Don’t cook dinner it for too lengthy or the squash will get too mushy after which mushy within the oven. Take away the squash from the microwave and lower it down the middle.
How one can Make Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with foil so the clear up is straightforward!
- Brush the insides of the squash with slightly olive oil and sprinkle with slightly salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on one aspect of the ready baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Whereas the squash is roasting, place the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss till all of the tomatoes are effectively coated.
- Take away the pan from the oven and place the tomatoes on the opposite aspect of the pan. Return to the oven and roast till the tomatoes are mushy and begin to burst and the spaghetti squash pierces simply when a knife is inserted into the pores and skin and flesh. Don’t over cook dinner or the squash can be mushy and we don’t need that!
- Take away from the oven and preheat the oven to broil. Place the tomatoes in a bowl.
- Flip the squash over on the pan and gently run a fork down the flesh, creating strands which might be much like spaghetti. Add the pesto (1 tablespoon per half) and use the fork to “fluff” the strands and blend within the pesto.
- High every squash half with mozzarella cheese and return the pan to the oven. Cook dinner for a couple of minutes till the cheese melts.
- High with roasted tomatoes, crushed pink pepper flakes, and basil.
How one can Serve
Clear up is a breeze, particularly as a result of the spaghetti squash additionally finally ends up being the serving dish. After it’s roasted, it turns right into a bowl or boat for the pesto, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes. In fact, you’ll be able to spoon out the squash and serve on a plate or in a bowl.
You’ll be able to serve with garlic bread, a easy inexperienced salad, skillet or roasted inexperienced beans, roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, squash sauté, or grilled zucchini.
Extra Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
Pictures by Mogwai Soup