Pumpkin Banana Bread- your favourite fast breads come collectively to create a VERY scrumptious loaf! This straightforward Pumpkin Banana bread is moist, completely spiced, and is nice for breakfast or a snack!
I LOVE baking fast breads and two of my all-time favourite recipes are banana bread and pumpkin bread. Nicely, I made a decision to convey two of my favorites collectively to make Pumpkin Banana Bread. You get the perfect of each worlds in ONE loaf!
That is the right recipe to make when you’ve got brown bananas sitting on the counter, however are craving pumpkin. I really like making this loaf in the course of the fall months. The bread is tremendous moist, has the right quantity of spices, and has a sugary, crunchy topping.
Get pleasure from a thick slice with butter for breakfast or a snack. The one downside? The loaf by no means lasts lengthy as a result of it’s so scrumptious. It’s undoubtedly a household favourite. My boys love this bread and request it usually.
So the subsequent time you’re on the grocery retailer, you may need to decide up additional bananas and an additional can of pumpkin. You’re going to need to bake this pumpkin banana bread regularly. It’s a winner!!
Pumpkin Banana Bread Components
The substances are easy and the mix of banana, pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs, and brown sugar make this loaf SO moist! And the spices are the right mix.
- Flour– I exploit all-purpose flour.
- Baking soda– to assist the bread rise. Be certain it’s recent!
- Salt– to convey out the perfect flavors within the bread.
- Spices– cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves! Such an excellent combo!
- Bananas– the browner the higher! You need your bananas actually brown so they’re candy!
- Pumpkin– use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Libby’s is a well-liked model.
- Brown sugar– brown sugar to sweeten the bread!
- Oil– you need to use vegetable oil, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- Buttermilk– make certain it’s at room temperature.
- Eggs– use massive eggs and ensure they’re at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– I like to recommend utilizing pure vanilla extract and never imitation. The actual stuff is definitely worth the splurge!
- Turbinado sugar– for sprinkling on prime of the loaf. It provides a candy, sugary crunch. Don’t skip it!
The right way to Make Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the dry substances.
- In a big bowl, mix the mashed bananas (I mash them with a fork), pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk collectively till clean.
- Add the dry substances to the moist substances and stir along with a spatula till simply mixed. Don’t over combine.
- Pour the batter into the ready loaf pan. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clear and the bread is golden brown. Verify early to be protected, each oven is totally different.
- Take away from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes within the pan. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and punctiliously take away the bread from the pan. Let cool on a cooling rack till utterly cooled. Slice and luxuriate in!
If you wish to jazz up your pumpkin banana bread, you may stir in some mix-ins! I’d add as much as one cup of the next substances.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (chocolate is all the time a good suggestion!)
- Butterscotch chips
- Dried cranberries
The right way to Retailer
Let the pumpkin banana bread cool utterly. Place your cooled loaf on a plate and canopy it in plastic wrap, or retailer it in an hermetic container. Retailer it for as much as 4 days on the counter. Don’t retailer the bread within the fridge, the cool air will dry the bread out.
It’s also possible to freeze the bread. Let the bread cool and wrap it in plastic wrap or foil. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for as much as 3 months. I all the time label and date so I do know what it’s, in case it will get pushed to the again of the freezer:)
It’s also possible to freeze particular person slices of the bread. Wrap every slice individually in plastic wrap or foil then put the wrapped slices in a freezer bag or freezer container. Place within the freezer and take away slices as wanted for a ready-made breakfast. You may allow them to thaw on the counter or pop a slice within the toaster!
Pumpkin Banana Bread FAQ
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Sure, you need to use all-purpose gluten-free flour. I like Cup4Cup.
Can I exploit this recipe to make Pumpkin Banana Muffins?
Sure! Grease a muffin pan or line the pan with paper liners. Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and bake for 18 -23 minutes.
Can I add chocolate chips?
I all the time say YES to including chocolate chips. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and sprinkle a handful on prime of the loaf earlier than it goes within the oven.