Wüsthof kitchen shears are sharp, long-lasting, extremely helpful, and nicely value maintaining in your kitchen drawer!
Images Credit score:
Welcome to One Simply Terrific Thing, our ongoing sequence highlighting the small instruments and kitchen items that make life higher!
Greater than 25 years in the past, I used to be gifted a set of Wüsthof knives as a marriage current, and I nonetheless have them. The gathering has gotten fairly a exercise over time as I’ve prepped 1000’s of dinners for my household of 5 and examined recipes for my three cookbooks.
One shock hit from the set? The kitchen shears. I sadly misplaced the unique someplace alongside the way in which however lately changed them with Wüsthof’s 8-inch pull-apart shears ($20 from Amazon).
Right here’s why the shears are one in every of my favourite kitchen instruments!
Why Wüsthof Kitchen Shears Are the Finest
Kitchen shears are completely different than common family scissors in a few key elements. First, they’re designed to be extra heavy obligation, so can deal with more durable duties, like reducing by way of rooster bones. Additionally they come aside for cleansing and drying, which is necessary for meals security and so the blades don’t rust.
Wüsthof’s shears make fast work of so many cooking duties. In lots of instances, the shears are superior to even my sharpest knife. It’s additionally a reasonably protected solution to work, which is why shears have been one of many first sharp instruments I ever let my children use within the kitchen.
I retailer my shears alongside my paring, bread, and chef’s knives so that they’re inside straightforward attain of each sink and reducing board.
10 Methods to Use Wüsthof Kitchen Shears
Listed below are 10 methods I exploit my Wüsthof kitchen shears. When you have intelligent methods to make use of kitchen shears, be happy to share within the feedback part beneath!
- Lower herbs. Snip cilantro, mint, parsley, basil, and different herbs straight off the stem and into no matter bowl or pot you’re prepping.
- Chop tomatoes. Nosedive shears proper right into a can of entire tomatoes to chop them into items earlier than including them to soup or chili.
- Slice pizza. I’d seen this achieved in pizzerias and have adopted the apply at residence. They work nicely for reducing lavash, pita, and quesadillas, too.
- Snip greens. Trim the stems off inexperienced beans, separate broccoli florets, and snip asparagus into smaller items.
- Lower grapes. Lower a big bunch into smaller bundles to make it straightforward to seize simply sufficient for a snack. That is additionally a pleasant contact when assembling a cheese board.
- Butcher rooster. Shears are an effective way to interrupt down an entire rooster. I exploit them to chop by way of the breast bone once I butterfly a chicken for grilling.
- Trim pastry dough. I discover shears useful once I want to chop rolled dough to suit a specific tart or pie pan.
- Lower bacon and pancetta. Cured meats can resist even the sharpest knife, however shears do the job with relative ease.
- Shred leafy greens. Stack kale, chard, or collard leaves and use shears to snip them into skinny shards.
- Trim fish. Uncooked fish could be tough to chop by way of, significantly the robust pores and skin. Shears do the job with out making a multitude of the fragile flesh.
This put up could comprise hyperlinks to Amazon or different companions; your purchases through these hyperlinks can profit Merely Recipes.
Read more about our affiliate linking policy.