Hawaii is keen to welcome guests to paradise. Beginning Oct. 15, Hawaii’s pre-travel testing program will permit anybody coming into the state who checks unfavorable for COVID-19 upfront to bypass the present two-week obligatory quarantine (particulars under).
Check or no check, it’s vital to go to safely and thoughtfully. Everyone seems to be invited to expertise the vacation spot on a deeper degree—connecting with the neighborhood, its tradition and caring for one another and the land itself.
Malama: care for your self and Hawaii.
Malama, which means “to nurture” or “take care of,” is a core worth of the Hawaiian tradition, and it pertains to preserving the land and caring for all these residing there as effectively. As tourism begins to recuperate, the islands encourage vacationers to be open-minded and respectful of Hawaii’s magnificence and depart with a greater understanding of what it means to take care of the earth, one another and ourselves.
“We consider our guests care about perpetuating the individuality of this place,” explains Jay Talwar, chief advertising officer on the Hawaii Guests and Conference Bureau (which is a part of the Hawaii Tourism Authority). “If even a small portion of Hawaii vacationers took half in such actions, the impact could be huge.”
Right here’s how one can assist:
- Fly to Hawaii with both a unfavorable COVID-19 state-approved check or put together to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. Study extra.
- Observe the state’s suggestions to remain secure whereas within the islands (put on a masks, social distance and so on.).
- Be alert always in or close to the water, don’t take the ocean with no consideration. Keep away from turning your again on the waves. For those who or others in your celebration should not an skilled ocean swimmer, choose seashores with lifeguards.
- Train good-judgment when climbing within the islands like carrying important gear, verify the climate and be watchful that you simply solely enter lands which can be open to you and respect the panorama and its historical past.
- Search experiences that improve your data of pure and cultural historical past. Attempt reserving a tour to hike hillsides to find out about Hawaii Island’s volcanoes or the historical past of native sugar cane farming on Maui and extra.
Fly to Hawaii
Beginning Oct. 15, Hawaii will permit vacationers from out-of-state to proceed with out the 14-day quarantine in the event that they check unfavorable for COVID-19 earlier than they arrive within the islands.
Vacationers who’re 5 years of age and older have to be examined for COVID-19 inside 72 hours of your departure flight to Hawaii. Solely check outcomes from trusted testing companions accepted by the Hawaii Division of Well being might be accepted.
Visitors can get pleasure from a secure and enjoyable flight to the islands because of Alaska’s Subsequent-Stage Care, which has greater than 100 other ways we’re stopping the unfold of COVID-19, together with obligatory masks, enhanced cleanings between flights, electrostatic disinfectant spray and extra.
Alaska is providing you handy and dependable testing choices.
We’re making it easy and straightforward for our visitors by offering testing choices that assure turnaround instances for outcomes inside the state’s required 72-hour timeframe. All checks meet the necessities of the State of Hawaii’s pre-travel testing program.
- We’re partnering with Carbon Well being to supply fast COVID-19 testing in pop-up clinics — beginning in Seattle on Oct. 12, 2020, and increasing within the coming weeks as we resume nonstop service to Hawaii from different cities on the West Coast.
- We’re additionally working with Bartell Medicine to supply PCR-based COVID-19 testing at choose places in Seattle, with assured outcomes inside 72 hours.
Study extra about flying to Hawaii right here.