TechCrunch Sessions: Justice lined all kinds of matters. From DEI to labor to accessibility, the periods went deep on the problems that matter most within the tech world.
For instance, we had an illuminating dialog with Arlan Hamilton round how you can discover the following unicorn. Congresswoman Barbara Lee, who has represented Oakland and the encompassing East Bay cities for greater than twenty years, mentioned fairness in tech and the ‘pipeline downside.’ We even sat down with the heads of DEI at behemoths like Netflix, Fb and Uber to listen to their ideas on rising range inside the tech house.
Should you didn’t have an opportunity to hitch us final week, you may nonetheless try all of the conversations we had proper right here.
- The rise of the tech workers union and what comes next with Parul Koul (Alphabet Workers Union), Grace Recker (OPEIU), and Clarissa Redwine (New York University
- The path forward for essential workers with Vanessa Bain (Gig Workers Collective), Jessica E. Martinez (National Council for Occupational Safety and Health), and Christian Smalls (The Congress of Essential Workers)
- Investors discuss alt-financing and the role of venture capital with Brian Brackeen (Lightship Capital), Astrid Scholz (Zebras Unites), and Sydney Thomas (Precursor Ventures)
- A glimpse inside the minds of tech’s DEI leaders with Sandra Altine (Facebook), Wade Davis (Netflix), and Bo Young Lee (Uber)
- Backstage Capital’s Arlan Hamilton discusses how to find the next unicorn
- Rep. Barbara Lee says the pipeline problem is “a total myth”
- Tech leaders discuss how social media is broken and what we can do about it
- Designing with accessibility in mind: a conversation with Cynthia Bennett (Carnegie Mellon University), Srin Madipalli, and Mara Mills (New York University)
- Pathways for returning citizens with Jason Jones (The Last Mile), Deepti Rohatgi (Slack), and Aly Tamboura (Chan Zuckerberg Initiative)
Early Stage is the premier ‘how-to’ occasion for startup entrepreneurs and buyers. You’ll hear first-hand how a number of the most profitable founders and VCs construct their companies, increase cash and handle their portfolios. We’ll cowl each facet of company-building: Fundraising, recruiting, gross sales, product market match, PR, advertising and model constructing. Every session additionally has viewers participation built-in – there’s ample time included for viewers questions and dialogue. Use code “TCARTICLE at checkout to get 20 percent off tickets right here.