Corn Salsa- this simple corn salsa recipe is a summertime favourite! It’s made with contemporary candy corn, pink onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice! Get pleasure from with tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, or any Mexican dish
Summer time and candy corn are a match made in heaven! I grew up in Illinois, the place the corn is plentiful, and we at all times ate A LOT of candy corn in the course of the sizzling summer season months. I liked consuming it proper of the cob, with plenty of butter and salt, however I additionally loved making contemporary Corn Salsa.
I like an excellent salsa and this Corn Salsa recipe is for positive a summer season favourite. It’s easy to make and is SO good with contemporary, juicy candy corn. It’s principally summer season in a bowl.
You possibly can benefit from the salsa with tortilla chips, my favourite, or serve together with your favourite Mexican dishes like tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas. I additionally love topping my salads with an enormous scoop of this salsa. It makes any salad higher!
This salsa will remind you of Chipotle’s corn salsa, however I believe it’s even higher. Plus, it’s tremendous simple to make at dwelling!
The best way to Minimize Corn Off the Cob
The corn is the star of the recipe, so be sure to begin with the perfect candy corn yow will discover.
- Don’t shuck the corn till proper earlier than you might be prepared to make use of it, so it stays contemporary and doesn’t dry out. Strip away the inexperienced husk and silk. Discard.
- Use a pointy knife to rigorously take away the corn kernels from the cob.
- Relaxation the tip of the cob on a chopping board, and tilt it up at a forty five diploma angle. Transfer the knife underneath the corn, slicing off the kernels off of the highest aspect, towards the board, away from you.
- Place the aspect with no kernels flat on the chopping board, so the cob doesn’t roll round. Take away the kernels of the remaining three sides in the identical means, bringing your knife down the cob lengthwise.
Corn Salsa Elements
Now that we’ve our corn able to go, let’s discuss the entire elements that go into making this contemporary salsa! You solely want 5 elements (and salt and pepper).
- Corn– I exploit RAW contemporary candy corn, you don’t should prepare dinner it! After all, if you wish to blanch, grill, or roast the corn, you may, however it isn’t vital. Uncooked candy corn is juicy and scrumptious! And if you happen to can’t discover good contemporary candy corn, you should utilize frozen corn, however it’s actually finest with contemporary.
- Purple Onion– I like the pop of shade pink onion provides!
- Cilantro– a MUST for salsa!
- Jalapeño– I exploit one jalapeño for just a little kick. It isn’t too spicy. If you need extra warmth, you may add two jalapeños.
- Lime Juice– Use contemporary lime juice, not the bottled juice.
- Salt and Pepper– Don’t be afraid so as to add an excellent quantity of salt. Salt brings out the perfect taste!
And if you wish to add avocado, I say go for it. Avocado is at all times a pleasant addition:)
The best way to Make Corn Salsa
This salsa recipe is EASY! Let’s do it!
- In a medium bowl, mix the corn, pink onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
- For the perfect taste, let the salsa sit for 20 minutes earlier than serving so the flavors can develop.
- That’s it! Seize a bag of chips and begin dipping!
The best way to Retailer
Retailer the corn salsa in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days!
Get pleasure from with your entire favourite Mexican dishes! Each chunk is a style of summer season!
Extra Salsa Recipes
Images by Mogwai Soup